Knowledge is, nowadays, the most valuable asset for modern organizations.
An appropriate management of the organization’s knowledge is a key success factor. Knowledge must be gathered from many sources, stored into secure repositories, be accessed by the granted people at the right time. It will become a reusable component in the system and software projects…
When it comes to mix both, knowledge and requirements, it is extremely important to treat requirements as knowledge items, to get new knowledge from requirements, to transform knowledge into new requirements…
allows the management of the System Knowledge Repository (SKR), including its System Knowledge Base (SKB) as well as all the assets involved in the requirements improvement process.
Ontologies : Requirements knowledge Model
knowledgeMANAGER provides a powerful ontology management system allowing to define and manage the main semantics of your projects, as well as the concepts and relationships that better describe your knowledge.
Previous information coming from other applications can easily be imported into this tool. Knowledge managed with knowledgeMANAGER can be exported into many different formats to be used in other external systems.
A boilerplate represents the grammar, structure or pattern a text has to follow according to the policies of an organization. We apply boilerplates to state which set of grammars should be followed by the requirements in our projects.
For example, the following requirement fulfills next boilerplate:
“The Radar shall be able to detect hits at a minimum rate of 10 units per second”
THE <OBJECT DETECTION> SHALL <DETECT> <ITEMS> AT <MINIMUM> <RATE VALUE>
New knowledge tool... new knowledge roles
Managing knowledge is an activity not covered yet in may organizations or IT departments. Therefore, aside of new tools such as knowledgeMANAGER, new roles are also necessary to cover those activities and support the activities of other roles such us quality manager, project manager, system engineer, business analysts…
Knowledge Base architect is the role suggested by the Requirements Quality Suite to lead those important activities. The main responsibilities of this role are the following:
- Agreeing, together with other roles, the borders of the domains to be modeled
- Finding sources that could help in the creation of the knowledge base
- Creating and evolving one or more knowledge models within the business domain
- Defining the right structure (boilerplates) of the requirements to be written
- Attending the suggestion of system engineers and business analysts to evolve the models
Knowledge Repository Manager is the role suggested by the Requirements Quality Suite to represent the responsibility for the whole Knowledge Repository.
knowledgeMANAGER into the Requirements Quality Suite
knowledgeMANAGER represents the core tool for the Requirements Quality Suite:
Requirements Knowledge Model:
- The semantics and concepts of the knowledge model consumed by RQA and RAT are easily generated here
- New concepts of the knowledge model can be generated out of the requirements managed by RQA
- The boilerplates used by RAT are managed in knowledgeMANAGER
- knowledgeMANAGER includes stats of use of every boilerplate, thus alerting of missing requirements or wrong boilerplates
16 Margarita Salas St. 2nd Floor
LEGATEC Technology Park
28919 Leganés - Madrid
Spain - EUROPEAN UNION
(+34) 91 217 25 96