The REUSE Company
Requirements Quality Analyzer for system engineering projects
The Requirements Quality Analyzer tool (RQA) allows you to define, measure, improve and manage the quality of the requirements specifications within the systems engineering process.
Requirements Quality Analyzer (RQA) uses a wide set of metrics in order to assess the quality of a requirement specification, mainly Correctness, Consistency and Completeness. While individual metrics are suitable to assess the correctness of a single requirement, global metrics can assess the consistency and correctness of a requirements' set specification. The global metrics covered by the Requirements Quality Analyzer are: coupling, inconsistency and missing requirements.
RQA improved reporting
RQA version 4 includes a whole set of new reports suitable for different roles in the organization. Thus, on the one side the new reporting system covers the overall quality of a project or module, while on the other side it also covers the details dealing with the quality of a given individual requirement.
The new reporting system includes a very valuable tool for Quality Control teams: reports can be automatically generated and sent to the requirements author (or project manager) just by providing an email account in the setup process.
RQA is based on natural language processing, ontologies and semantic techniques, thus allowing a comparison of the actual meaning of the requirements, and not the keywords it contains.
The Quality PDCA Cycle of RQA
RQA can be customized according to a PDCA cycle:
The Plan Stage:
- Identify projects and domains to be enhanced.
- Take initial measurements on real data.
- Identify the initial set of metrics and quality functions.
- Define the requirements knowledge model.
The Do Stage:
- Operate the tools in the suite.
- Execute assessments for individual requirements and global specifications.
The Check Stage:
- Is quality evolving as expected?
- Do our teams need additional training?
- How can metrics and quality functions be adjusted to carry on with the improvement process?
The Act Stage:
- Adjust metrics and quality functions.
- Train requirements authors.
- Evolve the requirements knowledge model.
RQA is fully integrated with:
Requirements Authoring Tool (RAT): allowing requirements writing under the premise “right the first time” (Produce requirements with the right quality when authoring)
knowledgeMANAGER (kM): allows managing requirements patterns (boilerplates) as well as the requirements knowledge model (ontology) and other semantic items needed by the core technology of the Requirements Quality Analyzer.
RQA, as well as the whole RQS Suite, is available in the following languages:
The Requirements Quality Analyzer is currently connected to the following requirements management tools: