Interoperability between SE tools (HUBx)
In the current Systems Engineering domain, the complexity of the processes and the amount of tasks to be managed has pushed the need for a wide spectrum of different tools within a project or an organization, each one specifically designed to cover a niche of the entire system life cycle. While being the most efficient approach to precisely handle each engineering process with its specialized tool, collecting and integrating every piece of information into a global project perspective can pose a huge challenge, as well as an opportunity.
This list of connections continues expanding day after day, by combining the experience gathered in the creation of those, with the needs and requests of our users. Some of these connections are even upgraded to the level of integration, where a subset of capabilities offered by the SES ENGINEERING Studio is embedded directly into the source information tool.
The complexity of modern systems, providing multiple capabilities, developed by many organizations in collaboration with each other, and demanding very high levels of RAMS, has forced organizations to define large sets of digitalization tools ecosystems.
As systems engineering evolves and improves, the need for information, knowledge, and tools interoperability increases. At the same time, the number of processes and methods being digitalized provides even more tools.
The result of this described context is the need within the organizations to manage and support different SW tool ecosystems. One of the real challenges when managing tool ecosystems is the demand to connect them all, mainly for traceability, information transformation, and change impact purposes.
The REUSE Company has designed the SES HUBx Add-in as an interoperability hub to provide support for taming these kinds of scenarios, offering the following capabilities:
- Providing connectivity to most of the tools inside your existing or new tool’s ecosystem.
- Allowing information management for the content of these tools (work products).
- Providing a Synchronized Source of Truth (SSoT) for reducing information truth problems, in the form of a Repository.
- Defining and managing workflows of activities connecting all the tools in your ecosystem.
- Defining information flows and traceability independently of where the engineering items reside and independently of the authoring tool.
- Enabling unlimited information transformation between tools.
All the previous capabilities are supported by our SES ENGINEERING Studio Software Environment when the Interoperability add-in (SES HUBx) is acquired.