Preparation for the INCOSE SEP Exam
A 5-day course to prepare for the INCOSE ASEP and CSEP exam. The training includes a mix of presentations, practical aspects and different exam simulations, and focuses on interaction.
INCOSE (International Council on Systems Engineering) offers a Systems Engineering Professional (SEP) Certification programme that has advanced to be the highest quality, independent assessment of systems engineering professionals and continues to grow due to the increasing recognition of its value to professionals, institutions and the overall Systems Engineering community.
The SEP aligns with the typical levels of a systems engineering career through the three levels of SEP. ASEP focuses on SE knowledge, CSEP focuses on SE experience and applied SE knowledge and ESEP focuses on leadership, SE accomplishments and significant SE experience.
Information about exams: INCOSE online exams
- Introduction to INCOSE, the handbook and the INCOSE certification model (SEP)
- Understand the key concepts of Systems Engineering
- Review of the proposed life cycle
- Review of the processes described in the handbook
The course will alternate theoretical content with more practical aspects in order for the students to master the key concepts of the discipline. In view of the 4th and 5th days, the teaching team will ask the attendees to read the contents of the Handbook (on their own). In addition, cheat sheets will be presented to allow the attendees to easily memorize the key concepts that are frequently part of the official certification exam. Finally, different exam simulations will be carried out.
Pre-Requirements / Who should attend
- Systems engineers
- Other engineers
- Project and Program managers
- Introduction to INCOSE and the Handbook v4
- The official certification of INCOSE
- Basic concepts about Systems Engineering
- The stages of the life cycle
- The technical processes
- The technical management processes
- Processes of agreement
- Processes enabling projects in organizations
- Personalization process
- General methods of Systems Engineering
- Simulation of evaluation scenarios (distributed in different modules)
- General review
- Review of quick sheets or cheat sheets
- Simulation of evaluation scenarios
Duration: 5 days
Timetable: from 9am to 6pm (a break for lunch and two more coffee breaks)
Monzé Consultants CC Founder, INCOSE Founder and INCOSE South Africa Board member.